NDOT will host a meeting on July 23 to solicit comments from all interested persons and groups regarding Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance along NDOT rights-of-way. NDOT’s ADA Draft Transition Plan can be accessed at http://bit.ly/192tUKY.
Who: Nevada Department of Transportation
What: Public meeting on NDOT’s ADA Draft Transition Plan
When: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Where: NDOT, District I Office (Training Room B), 123 East Washington Ave. Las Vegas, Nev. 89101.
The public is invited to attend the meeting. There will be a brief project presentation at 5:30 p.m., followed by an open comment period. Before and after the presentation, the meeting will be conducted in an open-house format to increase the opportunity for public comment and to allow one-on-one discussion with staff members. Those interested may submit comments for the public record in writing at the meeting or verbally to a court reporter that will be available throughout the meeting. In addition to any comments received at the meeting, written or e-mailed comments will be accepted through 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9, 2013. You may also mail your comments to the contact below.
Please submit your comments to NDOT ADA Coordinator Maria Maness, 1263 S. Stewart St., Carson City, Nev., 89712.
For more information on NDOT’s ADA Program, please log on to http://nevadadbe.com/ada-program. A copy of this notice and the Draft ADA Transition Plan will be made available for inspection during business hours at:
- State Library, 100 Stewart Street, Carson City, Nev.
- NDOT Headquarters, 1263 S. Stewart St., Carson City, Nev.
- NDOT District I Office, 123 East Washington Avenue, Las Vegas, Nev.
- NDOT Tonopah Maintenance Station, 805 Erie Main, Tonopah, Nev.
- NDOT District II Office, 310 Galletti Way, Sparks, Nev.
- NDOT District III Office, 1951 Idaho Street, Elko, Nev.
- NDOT Winnemucca Maintenance Station, 725 West 4th Street, Winnemucca, Nev.
- NDOT Ely Maintenance Station, 1401 Avenue “F”, Ely, Nev.
- Main public library in each county of Nevada
To access the ADA Draft Transition Plan, log on to http://bit.ly/192tUKY.
Please note: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting.
Requests for auxiliary aids or services to assist individuals with disabilities or limited English proficiency should be made with as much advance notice as possible to NDOT, Public Hearings Officer, Julie Maxey, at (775) 888-7171 or email@example.com.